- 1 What happened to blueberry muffin tops cereal?
- 2 Why are blueberry muffins bad for you?
- 3 Are the blueberries in muffins real?
- 4 What is Malt-O-Meal good for?
- 5 What are the best cereals?
- 6 Do they still make blueberry Toast Crunch?
- 7 Is it bad to have a blueberry muffin for breakfast?
- 8 What is the healthiest muffin to eat?
- 9 Can you eat blueberry muffins on a diet?
- 10 Is it better to use fresh or frozen blueberries for muffins?
- 11 Do blueberries have dye?
- 12 What are the blueberries in Jiffy Blueberry Muffin Mix?
- 13 What can I add to Malt O Meal?
- 14 Is Malt O Meal a good breakfast?
- 15 Which is better cream of wheat or malt o meal?
What happened to blueberry muffin tops cereal?
Blueberry Muffin Tops ® are back by popular demand with a new name! The new cereal, returning as Malt-O-Meal® Blueberry Muffin Toasters®, is made with the same recipe and will be available at a store near you starting in January.
Why are blueberry muffins bad for you?
Reduced fat blueberry muffins are certainly no better—if not worse. With only slightly fewer calories than their regular counterparts, they still contain the same high amount of sugar (almost 40 grams, or 10 teaspoons) and nearly 50 percent more sodium (a whopping 540 milligrams per muffin!).
Are the blueberries in muffins real?
While some blueberries are just sugar and dye, others are real fruit mixed with other natural and artificial ingredients. They’re half-berries — or maybe not even half. And a lot of other cereals, yogurts, muffins, bagels and other foods do contain dried blueberries or blueberry puree on the ingredient list.
What is Malt-O-Meal good for?
Malt – O – Meal Minerals and Vitamins It provides 396 micrograms of folate, or 99 percent of the daily value. It contributes 0.7 milligrams of vitamin B-6 to your diet — 37 percent of the daily value.
What are the best cereals?
The best healthy cereals for your bleary-eyed mornings
- General Mills Wheaties.
- Kashi Go Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal.
- Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Organic Whole Wheat Biscuits.
- Kashi Heart to Heart Honey Toasted Oat Cereal.
- Lydia’s Kind Foods Berry Good Cereal.
- Post Foods Grape-Nuts.
- Quaker Honey Nut Oatmeal Squares.
Do they still make blueberry Toast Crunch?
Item is no longer available. These little toasts are flavored with real blueberries and other natural flavors, so it’s no surprise that they ‘re berry, berry, berry good.
Is it bad to have a blueberry muffin for breakfast?
Muffins may sound like a healthier breakfast option than doughnuts, but the truth is they’re far from it. Case in point: A reduced-fat blueberry muffin from a popular chain clocks in at 410 calories, with 10g fat (2g saturated), 75g carbs, and 39g sugar.
What is the healthiest muffin to eat?
Below, our list of 14 healthy muffin recipes that will keep you energized all morning.
- Apricot-Date Seed-uction Muffins.
- Chocolate Muffins.
- Strawberry-Banana Quinoa Muffins.
- Vanilla Bean Blackberry Muffin.
- Cherry Zucchini Muffins.
- Lemon Raspberry Muffins.
- Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Muffins.
- Pineapple Coconut Muffins.
Can you eat blueberry muffins on a diet?
Seriously, everything from the taste of these muffins, to the consistency of them, is on point. The best part of all though, each one only has about 150 calories, and 10 grams of protein. Which means these blueberry muffins are a great snack, or even breakfast idea for weight loss.
Is it better to use fresh or frozen blueberries for muffins?
Frozen blueberries will almost “melt” when you bake the muffins, because the skin becomes more fragile after freezing. If you use fresh blueberries, they will be more intact after baking and will sometimes still “burst” when you bite into them. As for the taste, some blueberries will have more taste than others.
Do blueberries have dye?
There aren’t a lot of blue foods, but the FDA permits food processors to spray blue dye on blueberries, as well as on fruits that have some blue in them, such as strawberries, cherries and red delicious apples.
What are the blueberries in Jiffy Blueberry Muffin Mix?
`s customer relations department tells us that the blueberries in the mix actually are little bits of apples that are flavored and colored to look and taste like blueberries. Why does Jiffy do this?
What can I add to Malt O Meal?
- Add 1 tsp raw honey, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp vanilla extract.
- Optional – Add fruit of your choice – banana, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, etc.
Is Malt O Meal a good breakfast?
Malt – O – Meal’s hot cereals are packed with nutritional and hearty goodness. And with tons of delicious flavors, and a “Taste Guarantee” to boot, Malt – O – Meal is the perfect option for a healthy breakfast.
Which is better cream of wheat or malt o meal?
When comparing Malt O Meal to Cream of Wheat, the flavor difference is nearly indiscernible. Cream of Wheat is more finely ground than Malt O Meal and results in a smoother texture. However, it may take more Cream of Wheat to provide a full feeling, as there’s less bulk.