- 1 What fruits are in season in Arkansas?
- 2 What is in season in Arkansas?
- 3 Where can I pick apples in Northwest Arkansas?
- 4 What berries are in season for picking?
- 5 What fruits are seasonal right now?
- 6 Where can I pick peaches in Arkansas?
- 7 How long is strawberry season in Arkansas?
- 8 Where can I go strawberry picking in Arkansas?
- 9 Where can I buy strawberries in Arkansas?
- 10 What month do you pick apples in Arkansas?
- 11 Where are apples grown in Arkansas?
- 12 Where can you pick pecans in Arkansas?
- 13 What is the best time to pick blueberries?
- 14 What do you wear to pick blueberries?
- 15 When should I pick raspberries?
What fruits are in season in Arkansas?
Arkansas Harvest Calendar
- Beets (aka, Beetroot)
- Peaches and nectarines.
- Peas (Shelled and snap peas)
- Peppers (hot or sweet)
What is in season in Arkansas?
Plump blueberries, juicy watermelons, and ripe peaches, are just a few of the fruits that are in season during the summer months. Here are a few more fruits that you should look to buy fresh: Apricots. Here are some other veggies that are in season:
- Bell Peppers.
- Green Beans.
Where can I pick apples in Northwest Arkansas?
The 5 Best Apple Orchards in Arkansas!
- Cadron Crest Orchard, Guy, AR. Fill up a basket of fresh sweet apples at Cadron Crest Orchard.
- Cox Berry Farm & Nursery, Clarksville, AR.
- Drewry Farm & Orchard, Dover, AR.
- Vanzant Fruit Farms, Lowell, AR.
- Roberson Orchards & Farm Market, Omaha, AR.
What berries are in season for picking?
Strawberries are usually ready to pick in June and may be harvested for three to four weeks. They are fully ripe when the entire berry is red. Elderberries mature in midsummer, as do most other types of berries. Blackberries, however, are often not ripe until late August and into September.
What fruits are seasonal right now?
California Seasonal Fruits and Vegetables
- Apples, late summer through fall (cold storage until spring)
- Apricots, late spring through early summer.
- Artichokes, spring and again early fall.
- Arugula, available year-round but best in spring and fall.
- Asparagus, best in spring and early summer.
- Avocados, classically summer, but now harvested year-round.
- Basil, summer.
Where can I pick peaches in Arkansas?
Faulkner Lake Orchard – North Little Rock, AR Peaches are ready for picking at Faulkner Lake Orchard. This family-owned orchard is also a wedding and event venue.
How long is strawberry season in Arkansas?
The growing season in Arkansas for strawberries is only about six weeks. There are warmer climates in the United States that have a 6-month growing season for strawberries, and those locations ended up dominating the strawberry trade in exports. That doesn’t mean that Arkansas doesn’t have the best berries!
Where can I go strawberry picking in Arkansas?
Where to Pick Your Own Strawberries in Arkansas
- The Cabot Patch & Mountain High Produce (Cabot, AR)
- Cox Berry Farm & Nursery (Clarksville, AR)
- Reagan Family Farm (Fayetteville, AR)
- McGarrah Farms (Lowell, AR and Pea Ridge, AR)
- Holly Springs Homestead (Mena, AR)
- Appel Farms (Springdale, AR)
- Dickey Farms (Springdale, AR)
Where can I buy strawberries in Arkansas?
Where to Get Arkansas Berries
- Cox Berry Farm in Clarksville.
- Fenton’s Berry Farm in Harrison.
- Mountain Home Berry Farm in Mountain Home.
- Renee’s Berry Garden in London.
- Wye Mountain Flowers and Berries in Roland.
- The Cabot Patch in Cabot.
- Safety Tips.
What month do you pick apples in Arkansas?
Apple season kicks off in September and goes through October, with several varieties ripening at different times. In October, you ‘ll be able to savor Granny Smith, Fuji and Gold Rush, to name a few.
Where are apples grown in Arkansas?
While apples are grown throughout the state, the Ozark Plateau region of northwest Arkansas was particularly suited for their culture. This area became the dominant region for apple production.
Where can you pick pecans in Arkansas?
Pecan – Picking At It’s Finest! Nestled in the heart of Mayflower, AR, Clark’s Pecan Grove rests over a stunning 30 acres of lush open fields. This lovely pecan orchard blossoms every fall with a rich mixture of Paper Shell and Native pecan trees. With just over 200 trees, the grove is around 40 years old.
What is the best time to pick blueberries?
Blueberries are typically ready for picking between June and August. Don’t rush to pick the berries as soon as they turn blue. Wait a couple days. When they are ready, they should fall off right into your hand.
What do you wear to pick blueberries?
what to wear when blueberry picking
- Wear SPF. It gets hot when you are mid-day in an orchard, so lather up.
- Bring a hat.
- Wear something you are comfortable in, whether it’s a full dress or jeans and a tee.
- Wear closed toed shoes.
When should I pick raspberries?
How to Harvest Raspberries. All varieties will begin to produce fruit in their second season. In some cases, ever-bearers may bear small berries in their first autumn. In early summer, berries will ripen over a time of about 2 weeks.