- 1 How do you make bran muffins from scratch?
- 2 What is the secret to making moist muffins?
- 3 Why are blueberry muffins bad for you?
- 4 Are bran muffins good for constipation?
- 5 How healthy are bran muffins?
- 6 Is Bran healthy to eat?
- 7 What happens if you add an extra egg to muffins?
- 8 How can I make my muffins lighter and fluffy?
- 9 Is butter or oil better for muffins?
- 10 What are the healthiest muffins to eat?
- 11 Is it bad to have a blueberry muffin for breakfast?
- 12 Why are muffins so bad for you?
- 13 What type of bran is best for constipation?
- 14 Which cereal is best for constipation?
- 15 What drink will make you poop?
How do you make bran muffins from scratch?
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG’S ALL- BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and oil. Beat well.
- Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm.
What is the secret to making moist muffins?
Why muffins come out dry and crumbly The main cause of dry, hard muffins is over-mixing the batter and overcooking the muffins. So the the 3 simple secrets for beautifully soft and moist blueberry muffins are: use butter AND oil -butter makes things tasty but oil makes things moist. So use both!
Why are blueberry muffins bad for you?
Reduced fat blueberry muffins are certainly no better—if not worse. With only slightly fewer calories than their regular counterparts, they still contain the same high amount of sugar (almost 40 grams, or 10 teaspoons) and nearly 50 percent more sodium (a whopping 540 milligrams per muffin!).
Are bran muffins good for constipation?
Bran will do a better job than fruits and vegetables at treating constipation because it is a concentrated source of bulk-forming wheat bran.
How healthy are bran muffins?
If you’re interested in the stats, these Healthy Bran Muffins are a great source of fiber, vitamin B, Iron, Magnesium, and Manganese. And if you aren’t interested, well, all you need to know is that these bran muffins are made with wholesome ingredients, packed with flavor, and are something you can feel good about.
Is Bran healthy to eat?
Wheat bran is highly nutritious and an excellent source of fiber. It may benefit digestive and heart health and could even reduce breast and colon cancer risk. However, it’s unsuitable for people with gluten or fructan intolerances, and its phytic acid content may inhibit the absorption of certain minerals.
What happens if you add an extra egg to muffins?
Because emulsifiers hold water and fat together, adding extra egg yolks to the batter enables the batter to hold extra liquid and, consequently, extra sugar.
How can I make my muffins lighter and fluffy?
Muffins use baking powder or baking soda, or both, to generate the “rise” that makes them light and fluffy. Use too little and they won’t rise enough, use too much and they will rise quickly and then collapse.
Is butter or oil better for muffins?
The texture of cakes made with oil is—in general—superior to the texture of cakes made with butter. Oil cakes tend to bake up loftier with a more even crumb and stay moist and tender far longer than cakes made with butter. Cakes made with butter often taste better than oil cakes.
What are the healthiest muffins to eat?
Below, our list of 14 healthy muffin recipes that will keep you energized all morning.
- Apricot-Date Seed-uction Muffins.
- Chocolate Muffins.
- Strawberry-Banana Quinoa Muffins.
- Vanilla Bean Blackberry Muffin.
- Cherry Zucchini Muffins.
- Lemon Raspberry Muffins.
- Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Muffins.
- Pineapple Coconut Muffins.
Is it bad to have a blueberry muffin for breakfast?
Muffins may sound like a healthier breakfast option than doughnuts, but the truth is they’re far from it. Case in point: A reduced-fat blueberry muffin from a popular chain clocks in at 410 calories, with 10g fat (2g saturated), 75g carbs, and 39g sugar.
Why are muffins so bad for you?
Muffins have a bad reputation of being very high in calories, fat and sugar. While many store bought muffins carry a hefty amount of calories — typically around 400 or more each, you can easily fit them into a healthy eating plan.
What type of bran is best for constipation?
Percentage fecal moisture increased only with wheat bran (67.4-72.1%), whereas corn bran was significantly better than wheat bran in relieving symptoms of constipation.
Which cereal is best for constipation?
Common Breakfast Cereals Suggested for High Fiber Content
|Cereal||Total fiber per serving (g)||Serving (volume)|
|Raisin Bran, Kellogg’s||8||1 cup|
|Complete Wheat Bran, Kellogg’s||5||3/4 cup|
|Shredded Wheat, Post||5||2 biscuits|
|Grape-nuts, Post||5||1/2 cup|
What drink will make you poop?
The most popular juice to relieve constipation is prune juice. Each 8-ounce glass contains about 2.6 grams of fiber. That’s about 10 percent of your daily requirement. While the fiber may bulk up your stools, the sorbitol in the prune juice helps soften them, making them easier to pass.