- 1 What goes well with blueberries in muffins?
- 2 What can I serve with muffins?
- 3 Why are blueberry muffins bad for you?
- 4 Is a blueberry muffin a healthy breakfast?
- 5 How do you sweeten blueberries for muffins?
- 6 What foods go well with blueberries?
- 7 Are muffins healthier than donuts?
- 8 Is a muffin a good breakfast?
- 9 What is good to eat with English muffins?
- 10 What are the healthiest muffins to eat?
- 11 Can you eat blueberry muffins on a diet?
- 12 Why are muffins so bad for you?
- 13 What should be eaten first thing in the morning?
- 14 How many calories is a homemade blueberry muffin?
- 15 Are blueberry muffins bad for cholesterol?
What goes well with blueberries in muffins?
The spicy vanilla notes in blueberries also stand up to bold-flavored ingredients such as coffee, chocolate and toasted bread, while their floral rose-like scents pair beautifully with lychee, apple, raspberry, tomato and beets.
What can I serve with muffins?
11 Ways to Eat Muffins for Breakfast
- Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Cupcakes. PIN IT. Photo by Natalie Tay.
- Spiced Banana Pear Cupcakes. PIN IT.
- Peanut Butter Banana Cupcakes. PIN IT.
- Frittata Cupcakes. PIN IT.
- Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes. PIN IT.
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes. PIN IT.
- Blueberry, Oatmeal and Flaxseed Cupcakes. PIN IT.
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cupcakes. PIN IT.
Why are blueberry muffins bad for you?
Reduced fat blueberry muffins are certainly no better—if not worse. With only slightly fewer calories than their regular counterparts, they still contain the same high amount of sugar (almost 40 grams, or 10 teaspoons) and nearly 50 percent more sodium (a whopping 540 milligrams per muffin!).
Is a blueberry muffin a healthy breakfast?
Muffins may sound like a healthier breakfast option than doughnuts, but the truth is they’re far from it. Case in point: A reduced-fat blueberry muffin from a popular chain clocks in at 410 calories, with 10g fat (2g saturated), 75g carbs, and 39g sugar.
How do you sweeten blueberries for muffins?
Toss them in sugar, honey, or maple syrup, along with a little fresh juice or alcohol (an herbal liqueur, like elderflower spirit, would be great). You don’t need a lot to get the berries rocking; a quarter- to a half-cup of juice or booze, and about double the amount of sugar, is all you need.
What foods go well with blueberries?
- Blueberries are a versatile ingredient that pair well with a variety of flavors, cuisines and meals.
- Lemon and mint are common flavor pairings for blueberries, but there are plenty of others that often go overlooked.
- Cheese is another great pairing with blueberries.
Are muffins healthier than donuts?
When it comes to calories, carbs, and sugar, there’s a clear winner: doughnuts. The fried rings have 155 fewer calories, half the carbs, and 21 fewer grams of sugar than muffins. Muffins don’t lose out completely, though: They have 1 gram more protein than doughnuts —and half the saturated fat.
Is a muffin a good breakfast?
Yet, muffins can be a healthy breakfast option if you make them at home yourself. “Look for recipes with protein-rich ingredients, like whole eggs or egg whites, Greek yogurt, oats, almond flour, or protein powder, and fiber-rich ingredients, like oats, flaxseed, coconut flour, and whole-wheat flour,” says Martin.
What is good to eat with English muffins?
Peanut butter with sliced strawberries – If you want to jazz it up, think about adding sliced kiwi to the mix. Goat cheese with sliced pears – There’s always the option to add a drizzle of balsamic oil if you have it on hand. Cottage cheese and pineapple – A great combination of whole grains, protein and healthy fruit.
What are the healthiest muffins to eat?
Below, our list of 14 healthy muffin recipes that will keep you energized all morning.
- Apricot-Date Seed-uction Muffins.
- Chocolate Muffins.
- Strawberry-Banana Quinoa Muffins.
- Vanilla Bean Blackberry Muffin.
- Cherry Zucchini Muffins.
- Lemon Raspberry Muffins.
- Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Muffins.
- Pineapple Coconut Muffins.
Can you eat blueberry muffins on a diet?
Seriously, everything from the taste of these muffins, to the consistency of them, is on point. The best part of all though, each one only has about 150 calories, and 10 grams of protein. Which means these blueberry muffins are a great snack, or even breakfast idea for weight loss.
Why are muffins so bad for you?
Muffins have a bad reputation of being very high in calories, fat and sugar. While many store bought muffins carry a hefty amount of calories — typically around 400 or more each, you can easily fit them into a healthy eating plan.
What should be eaten first thing in the morning?
The 12 Best Foods to Eat in the Morning
- Eggs. Eggs are undeniably healthy and delicious.
- Greek Yogurt. Greek yogurt is creamy, delicious and nourishing.
- Coffee. Coffee is an amazing beverage to start your day.
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal is the best breakfast choice for cereal lovers.
- Chia Seeds.
- Green Tea.
How many calories is a homemade blueberry muffin?
Homemade Blueberry Muffins (1 oz) contains 11.5g of carbs, 1.8g of protein, 3.1g of fat, and 80.8 calories.
Are blueberry muffins bad for cholesterol?
Additionally, blueberries are considered a cholesterol -friendly food—they are high in LDL-lowering fiber and phytosterols, while also being low in saturated fat.